Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grocery Challenge, part 2

First, I forgot to factor in a $5.14 purchase for milk and salsa that BJ made just before I started this challenge and that didn't get categorized as groceries until a few days ago. [sigh] So I'll figure that in at the end.

Today I bought a few things at the grocery store. I didn't plan ahead to get any fantastic deals (though, I did get lucky on the prices), nor did I need the stuff, per se. But I really wanted to make this tonight, and I needed the pudding. Also, we were almost out of milk (which is bad when you need to make pudding). Since I'm keeping track of my grocery spending on here, I figured I had to put it on, whether it was a fantastic deal or not.

  • 2 boxes of Vanilla pudding (turns out I only needed one, but oh well. I have it for next time now): $0.69 each
  • 1 gallon of 2% milk: $1.59
  • Tax: $0.09
Total: $3.06


Budget left: $9.55
Buffer left: $25

No comments:

Post a Comment